Take a look at our FAQs below:
- Do I have to be a member to open an account?
- How much do I need to deposit to open a saving account?
- How do I make deposits to my account?
- How do I make withdrawals from my account?
- How often will I receive information on my account?
The Credit Union is a mutual financial services organisation and as such is owned by its members, each one of whom is a shareholder. You need to be a member of the Credit Union to open an account with us.
To become a member of Horizon and a shareholder, you will be required to pay a one-off cost of $2. There is no minimum deposit required to open a savings account with us. ^
You can arrange to make deposits to your account by:
- direct credit of payroll or other income;
- transfer from another savings or transaction account;
- Internet or phone transfer; or
- over the counter at any branch of the Credit Union. ^
Accessing your money will depend on the particular features of your account however we offer an extensive range of access facilities:
- Visa Debit & Credit Cards
- HandyNet - Internet Banking
- HandyLine - Phone Banking
- Electronic funds transfer
- Cheque book
- Branch withdrawal ^
Statements are issued monthly or six monthly. Statements are also available through HandyNet when you register for eStatements.
Account information and balances are also available through HandyNet and Handyline ^